Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, May 22, 2017

"He Is Jesus Christ, The Word of Life"

"The One who existed from the beginning is the one we have heard and seen.  We saw Him with our own eyes and touched Him with our own hands.  He is Jesus Christ, the Word of life.  This One who is life from God was shown to us, and we have seen Him.  And now we testify and announce to you that He is the One who is eternal life.  He was with the father, and then He was shown to us.  We are telling you about what we ourselves have actually seen and heard, so that you may have fellowship with us.  And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.  We are writing these things to you so that our joy will be complete." (1 John 1:1-4, NLT, 1996 edition)

I talked with one of the organizers of the prayer breakfast here in Johnstown called me today.  Among other things, he asked me for the version from which I read the above text.  I pass it onto you again.

This is "Gospel Central."  Of course we need other passages to tell us of Jesus' Death, Resurrection, Ascension and soon Second Appearing to "complete" the "Gospel Message."  But there has been an alarming decreasing emphasis in recent generations concerning our text.  I simply want to remind you today, my Fellow Lover of Jesus, that, "He is Jesus Christ, the Word of life....He is the One who is Eternal Life."  And, as our First Century Brethren declared, "Salvation is found in NO ONE else, for there is NO OTHER NAME under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

Go throughout the rest of your day, my dear friend, in the strength, overcoming power, assurance and joy of the reality in our text.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I am so very thankful that Jesus, "Who was in the bosom of the Father," made You known to me.  Amen.
******************
Remember that you can always access the devotional at: apfdevotionals.blogspot.com
and our News, Commentary at: jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive