Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

"When Darkness Overtakes...."

"When darkness overtakes the godly, light will come bursting in." (Psalm 112:4a, NLT)

How is the day treating you so far?  We ask one another that frequently, or at least something like that.  But I really pray your day is going well, in Jesus' Name.  Remember and take such great comfort today, my friend, that, "He is Jesus Christ, the Word of life."

Has, "darkness overtak[en]," you?  This morning I was over at Sarah's Mom checking on her.  I went through the dining room and saw a photo of Stephen at around 3 years of age; panic started to, "overtake[]," me.  I said something like, "Please," then nothing.   Jesus knew, and His, "light...c[a]me bursting in."  No, there was not an emotional, happy, jumping moment, but sort of like a shot.  I was able to go about what I was doing.

Some think my writings reveal a sort of cynicism towards basic, fundamental "tenets of the faith."  They do not.  I believe in prayer, worship, thanksgiving, intercessions.  I can tell you, however, that I don't believe all of this in the life of a believer excludes him/her from, "When darkness overtakes the godly...."  You know this as well as I do.  Do not live in that fake religion of stones skipping across the water.  "....Darkness overtakes..," everyone at some time in life.  Some even seem to live in that "shadow" for great periods of time.  But as assuredly as, "darkness," is, "He is Jesus Christ, the Word of life", Jesus the, "Light of the world", your Light, my Light.

I cannot explain what happened to me this morning, but I can tell you that I am so very thankful that, "When darkness overtakes..," Jesus takes over.

Father, in Jesus' Name, Thank You, than You, thank You.  Amen.
************************
* One of the best articles I have read yet on the Arab-Israeli conflict, as well as one on the continual wake-up call to Europe at:   jhs58.blogspot.com
* Please pray with us for our October 28-November 15 Mission

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive