Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, April 10, 2017

Our Lord's Repetitive Reminder

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in troubleTherefore...." (Psalm 46, KJV)

You need to read the rest of the Psalm to see why the, "Therefore," is there for.  It may be your past; it may be your future, but both are "healed" and "under control" and panic free when you and I have The, "Very Present Help...." 

The Bible deals with Eternity, which envelopes past, present, future, and is, in fact, "outside" of time/space.  The Living Triune God, "The Eternal One," Who walked this Planet in the Person of Jesus, the One Who is, "from days of eternity," and is, "very present," now, here in this room with/in/ me and there with/in you is our Glorious, "....Present Help...," not just when I get to a good meeting.  I know, repeating myself again.  Yet every time you and I read that our Lord Jesus Christ is, "God...a very present help...," He is repeating a glorious comfort. 

Even before we surrendered our lives to Jesus, He was/is, "God...a very present help...."  Now we took no corresponding peace and comfort from this Reality, but nonetheless, He has always been, "from days of eternity," the Very God Who, "....is our refuge and fortress, a very present help in trouble."  The sad definition of the life outside Jesus is a life lived struggling to be its own "refuge and fortress and help."  That describes the proverbial "hell on earth." 

I encourage you to rest in the remainder of this day and the rest of our lives in Our continual, always, never ceasing, "....Refuge and Fortress,..Very Present Help...," Who is Jesus Christ.

Father, in Jesus' Name, every time I read and hear You say to me that You are my, "refuge and fortress, a very present help in trouble," I am strengthened.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive