Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

"Now You Shall See What I Will Do"

"Then the Lord said to Moses, 'Now you shall see what I will do....'"  (Exodus 6:1)

Before the "now" in our lives, "Jesus Christ is Lord."  And after the "now" in our lives, "Jesus Christ is Lord."  When you seem stuck in the middle, remember: He is the God of the before and after.  "It shall come to pass."

Moses, quite frankly, was having a difficult time believing that God could "pull off" all that He was declaring to Moses.  In the previous chapter Moses had said to the Lord God that, "ever since," and I paraphrase here, Moses did what God told him to do, nothing had worked out the way God said it would, or perhaps more accurately, the way Moses expected it would."

It seems as though in chapter 6, Jesus had to now state His Ways clearly.  In essence, Jesus told Moses that He gave Abraham promises and the "agenda" of the Godhead for generations to come.  He then told Moses that He was up on everything and heard everything which was then going on in Egypt with the Government and His People.  He further declared that in spite of the way things seemed to be, "I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians....And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham....I am the Lord."  For the Living Triune God, all His Words, His promises are already fulfilled, accomplished, done.   

Before you and me were, there was Jesus Christ and His Kingdom.  Now, there is Jesus Christ and His Kingdom.  Tomorrow and after you and me, there is Jesus Christ and His Kingdom.  How many provisions Jesus had in store for me even before I knew of them and experienced them.  And here you and I are right now, some in very trying situations, others full of uncertainty, maybe some filled with great apprehension, even fear.  But now the test of faith/obedience comes.  Every Word of God which we have was spoken millennia ago, and, because, "The Word of God is alive and active," His Words are still speaking to us, very up-to-date.  Everything may now be saying to you, "Ever since...," nothing has worked out.  But His Word is sure.  The words of "the prophets" or the "word" you believe He spoke "to your heart" may have merit.  But I would suggest that we give far less credence to those words than to the Bible, "God-Breathed," Words.  "Now you will see what I will do...."  How many times when the future was uncertain, Jesus spoke and did these words.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You that You have me surrounded with Your finished work.  Amen.
*********************
Please pray with me about attending the Indian Affairs Committee Hearing at the Spirit Lake Indian Reservation, April 21, 2017.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive