Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, April 14, 2017

Believe This: Fear NOTHING


"'Do not be afraidStand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will accomplish for you today'....And the Angel of God, who had been traveling in front of Israel's army, withdrew and went behind themThe pillar of cloud also moved from in front and stood behind them, coming between the armies of Egypt and IsraelThroughout the night the cloud brought darkness to the one side and light to the other side....God loved the world this way: He gave His Only Son....God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that....Christ died for us."  (From the, "The Word of God," Himself, Jesus, and His, "God-Breathed," Words)

These Words were all fulfilled on this Day, a Day of days, six hours, bleeding, scorned, dying. 

Today a care giver is out front in her car preparing notes for her visit.  I'm sitting in a comfortable chair writing to you---- sunny here today, and quite pleasant. 

On That Day, however, so very long ago, "From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land."  Indeed, "Well might the sun in darkness hide, and shut its glories in, when God, the mighty maker, died for man the creature's sin.  Thus might I hide my blushing face while his dear cross appears; dissolve my heart in thankfulness, and melt mine eyes to tears." 

This demonstration of The Blessed Trinity's love for mankind, viz., "Christ died for us", is all accomplished, "while we were still sinners...."  He did not wait until we were "good enough."  What farcical nonsense; to think there is anything I could say, do, worry over, cry about, regret, pay some indulgence for, that could ever bring about the Salvation which I could never earn.

The love of the Living Triune God has no measure.  I know I have shared with you before of that great revelation on John 3:16 which I discovered while studying in the Interlinear Bible so many years ago, "For God loved the world thus," or, "this way."  No one can speak of the "amount" or "degree" of God's love.  We can only speak of, "God...demonstrates His...love...."  You cannot "rate" God's love on a scale of 1-10.  If I can even begin to comprehend the love of the Godhead, it must begin here, "looking" at the Cross today, hear and accept, "....God loves the world thus...."

Any attempt at mental comprehension today as, "....I survey the wondrous cross on which the Prince of Glory died,.." leaves me absolutely baffled.  I can only accept Jesus' Words of the Event of all events, embrace Jesus, follow Jesus, obey Jesus.  "What wondrous love is this, O, my soul?"

Father, in Jesus' Name, "When I survey the wondrous Cross on which the Prince of Glory died"............................

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive