Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The "Order Of Service"

"They stood in their places and confessed their sins and the sins of their ancestorsThey stood where they were and read from the Book of the Law of the Lord their God for a quarter of the day, and another quarter in confession and in worshipping the Lord God....And the Levites...said, 'Stand up and praise the Lord our God Who is from everlasting to everlasting.'"  (Nehemiah 9:3, NIV)

I read this the other day and took particular note of "the order of service."  I wondered if there is a pattern here which we would do well to keep in the Church and our daily "walk," viz., "They...confessed their sins," followed by, "....read from the Book...," followed by, "Stand up and praise the Lord our God...."  I like it.

You know what?  Uncharacteristically, I have nothing more to add.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I surrender my life anew today to the precedence of Your Words over mine.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive