Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Bebopalula Religion

"They...read from the Book...and confessed...and worshiped." (Nehemiah 9)

Sometimes I wonder if our "bebopalula" approach to communion with/in the Godhead is as acceptable to our Lord as many act.  You may remember in the Book of Joshua that the people were warned about following the Ark too closely.  There seemed to be a sense of mystery and awe.  Maybe the phrase, "over familiar," applies here.  Now I know what the, "O, that's Old Testament," people think.  But they are wrong.  Jesus says, "I did not come to destroy, but to fulfill....
Therefore every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a head of a household, who brings out of his treasure things new and old."  Is there a principle in our text which should govern our walk in Christ, our Church gatherings, our service in the Kingdom?

The order that day was, "They stood up in their place and read from the Book of the Law...and confessed....
Stand up and bless the Lord your God forever and ever!"  Bible reading, confession, worship; I wonder.  Could the "rush" to worship be a following of the Ark too closely?  Is there a "preparation" to "enter in" which, "The Word of God," teaches?  Hebrews 10:19 tells us that our, "confidence," our, "boldness to enter the Most Holy Place," is, "by the Blood of Jesus," nothing else.  I think I may be speaking of honor, respect, awe for the Living Triune God.  I know, "Abba," and, "become the children of God," but this is not a call to "buddy around" with our Lord.

I know the "duck" story is lighter and perhaps more heart-warming to some.  But I do not believe we can just do life any way we choose.  Too much of living is rooted in our cultures' philosophy of life rather than in Kingdom of Heaven theology.  So I share today again from Nehemiah 9 because it is still "working" in me, "And they stood up in their place and read from the Book...for one-fourth of the day; and for another fourth they confessed and worshiped the Lord their God." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I call You, "Lord and Master, for so [You Are]."  Help me to act/live like it.  Amen.
******************************
* I know that since we have had to make our flight reservations so much earlier that there may be a tendency to think, "O, that's a long way off."  Perhaps, but we still ask for your prayers for our Mission in Berlin/Wittenberg, October 28-November 15.
* Sarah's Mom seems to be in a "holding pattern."  We are just thankful that she does not seem to be in pain or discomfort.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive