Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, February 13, 2017

Two Words: "Never" and Always

"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."  (Hebrews 13:5b, NIV)

I have met people in my life time who do not believe this, even though they were "tongue-talking," hand-raising, church, worship-gathering, seminar-going people.  It is easy when we are just operating in our minds and "feelings" to come to such a conclusion, not, however, if we are Believers, viz., those who receive, accept, and base their life upon the very, "Word of God," as stated in our text.

Jesus says, "Never will I leave you," yet your body may tell you that is not true.  Jesus says, "Never will I forsake you," yet your finances may indicate otherwise.  Jesus says, "Never will I leave you," yet everything in one's life may be saying, "Don't believe this."  Okay, it sounds rather cliche, but, "Whose report do you believe?"  Yes, someone wrote a song about this, but more importantly, Jesus Christ, the very, "Word of God," Himself asks us this, "Who has believed our report?"

I wonder if it is sort of like a "multiple choice" quiz.  One source says this and another one says that.  Which one do we accept, not in our minds or our speech, but in our action, life style?  I do not "feel" today's text.  I am living in it/Him, His Word written, "into their minds and, and in their hearts."  Romans 10 tells us that salvation is dependent upon what we, "confess ('agree with') your mouth," and, "believe ('entrust') in y0ur heart."  Notice, feelings have no place in our walk.  The longer I go, the less I trust "feelings."  Brother Charles once said, "We don't go by feelings, but sometimes it's good to feel what you are going by."  Okay, but don't depend on them.  When our Lord Jesus says, "Never," that settles it, sunny day or cloudy day, "checks in the mail" or not. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I, "agree with," and, "entrust," my life to Yours Words.  Amen.
****************
  Please pray for:
   * DC Mission, February 15 & 16
   * Berlin/Wittenberg Mission, October 28-November 15

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive