Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Saturday, February 18, 2017

"I Saw the Light / I'll fly Away - David Crowder"

I am not a fan of the "country sound," but as I was reading and praying Psalm 90 today, these songs came to me.  I remember hearing them sung by a Teen Challenge group back in 1973, and what a blessing, especially when you consider that these kids had all been delivered in the Blood of Jesus from drugs, etc.  I also thought of Sarah's Mom who is about to make that "journey."  Uncontrollable tears came to me, not something which happens very often.  It was as though our Lord Jesus was saying, "Never forget those 'simple' years.  You too 'saw the light,' and some day you too will 'fly away.'  Sarah's Mom will make that journey, and at times she just lies there humming, sometimes looking as those she sees something, "Some One?"  As the Bible says, "Remember those earlier days after you had received the light...."

Blog Archive