Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

"What You Say In Our Words"

"For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations." (Psalm 100:5)

I was praying this morning about so many things, and at one point I went to say, " Your Word says," but instead what came out was, "Our Words say."  It stopped me cold.  "Wait!"-- I thought.  "That was arrogant."  When I settled down a little, something "deeper" came to me.  It was as though Jesus spoke to my heart, "You are right.  My Words are your Words.  I should be glad if you always remember that."  I'm still working on this.

In our text, various renderings for the word, "everlasting," are, "continual, always, permanent."  The word, "all," needs nothing further.  One should never doubt the Faithfulness of, "The Word of God."  Revelation 19 says that Jesus is, "....called Faithful and True...."  A little further, Revelation affirms, "Then he said to me, 'These words are faithful and true.'"  May that be "branded" into our hearts and minds.

No wonder I said earlier today, "Our words say."  In the Words of the Blessed Trinity I have, "good, everlasting, continual, always, permanent, and...endures to all generations", sustenance, power, life.  I shudder to think if Jesus' Words were not "our Words."

Father, in Jesus' Name, "our" Words are good.  Amen.  
**********************
A Further Look At What Is Going On in Germany:   jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive