Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

A Prayer For Leaders-- For Us All

"My eyes will be on the faithful (honorable) of the land, that they may dwell with me; He who walks blamelessly is the one who will minister to and serve me."  (Psalm 101:6, Amplified Bible)

I pray our text and the whole of Psalm 101 for President Trump.  This should be the prayer of and for every leader, indeed, of all of us.  If the, "faithful," and, "blameless[]," literally, "perfect," walk with us, we will have a great "up" on those who do not walk with such.

Verse 3 says, "I will set no worthless or wicked thing before my eyes I hate the practice of those who fall away [from the right path]; it will not grasp hold of me."   There, we have just prayed a hedge about ourselves.  Do you see how "to the point" are the Bible prayers?  I have confessed before that there are so many times when Romans 8 is played out in my life, "We do not know what prayer to offer or how to offer it as we should, but the Spirit Himself knows...."  Yes, this passage goes on to say that the Holy Spirit makes intercession for us, but that does not mean we, therefore, don't intercede.  I think the Romans 8 passage is also insight into praying the prayers of the Holy Spirit.  "All Scripture is God-Breathed [given by Divine inspiration] and is profitable...."----------- for praying.

I think our text and, again, the entirety of Psalm 101, is a good prayer for the leaders of our nations and the Church, and, ourselves.  Maybe it is one which we should pray every day.

Father, in Jesus' Name, "....the one who has a haughty look and a proud (arrogant) heart I will not tolerate" (v. 5b).  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive