Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, December 23, 2016

A "Christmas" Psalm

"The Lord is high above all nations, His glory above the heavensWho is like the Lord our God, the One Who sits enthroned on high, Who humbles Himself to behold...heaven and...earth?"  (Psalm 113)

As I read my Psalms today, I thought that Psalm 113 is a good "Christmas Story."

I can imagine that what the shepherds could have heard that night from, "a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying," was more than what we have recorded in Luke 2, perhaps further worship in the words very similar to our text.  What we have recorded in Luke 2 could very well have been just part of what, "....the heavenly host [was] praising God and saying...."  Okay, agreed--- speculation, but glorious speculation.

I noticed afresh today that the announcement to the shepherds was followed by a "praise gathering."  Notice in the Luke 2 passage that the response to the angelic announcement was a heavenly "worship team" following up on the Great News that the long awaited "Coming One," Jesus, the Christ, is here.  For me, as I am sure for you, when the Blessed Trinity declares His mighty works and purposes to us, what more is there left to do but worship?

Father, in Jesus' Name, all that you have done and do brings me to "lost in wonder, love and praise."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive