Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, August 26, 2016

Can't Have It "Both Ways"

"....Those who worship and swear oaths by the Lord, but who also swear by Milcom; those who have turned back from following the Lord, and have not sought the Lord, nor inquired of Him." (Zephaniah 1:5, 6-- Today's Minor Prophet Rdg)

Our text is in a pronouncement of judgment.  This heinous practice of, "....worship and swear oaths by the Lord, but who also swear by Milcom...," has been a practice of religious people from the beginning.  One passage says, "They feared the Lord, but...."  If my life style does not begin and end with, "They feared the Lord," I might as well forget, "....feared the Lord," and, "worship...the Lord."

This is why I say things such as, If a person claims to be, "born again," but votes for Democrats," I doubt his, "born again," status.  The Democrat Party stands for so many things contrary to Jesus Christ, His Church, His Kingdom.  How can I claim to, "know the Lord," and approve of those who advocate the murder of the unborn, which is in the Democrat Platform, as well, as promotion and applauding of homosexuality.  Moreover, what about business practices, the way we treat our families, etc.?  If Jesus Christ is my Lord/King and Savior, then Jesus Christ reigns in every aspect of my life.

I know that some believe I am too much of an "inspector."  I should just get on with life and let others get on with life, raising hands, "worshipping," doing missions, feeding the poor, etc., aka, get over it.  I'm sorry; I've tried.  But is that what we really want?!?  The way of peace in our lives, the way of harmony in the Church is, "But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the Blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin."  It's all "connected."
 
Father, in Jesus' Name, Let Your Light continually shine on/in me, so I can see.  Amen.
******************
* If you want to know what a Hillary presidency would look like:   jhs58.blogspot.com
* Prayer reminders:
Woody in California:  September 9-18
Barnettes in Berlin: October 4-27

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive