Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Fwd: Devotional, 8/24/2016

"And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with him on the holy mountain."  (2 Peter 1:18)

I had a "picture" today that on that day in human history, "on the holy mountain," stood, "the carpenter's Son," and the fisherman.  I wish I were an artist.  Yes, Jesus was, "transfigured before them," but when they left that mountain, Jesus still looked very much like, "the carpenter's son," and though in Jesus, "dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily," Jesus still reminds us, "Yet I am among you as one who serves."  Jesus is God, "among you."

Everyone is the "product" of someone's testimony.  Yes, I know of those who claim that the Lord just "appeared" to them, but if this is the case, I guess I must say, At least 99.99% of humanity which has received Jesus as Lord/King and Savior did so because of the faithful witness of others.  Such is our text.  I know that yesterday's text was from the same chapter of 2 Peter, but every quarter when I read this great testimony of Peter, who was an,"eye witness[] of His Majesty," it is just blessing upon blessing.  Peter was telling the world that even though there are atheists, agnostics, cynics, he was there with Jesus, "on the holy mountain."  I have to say it again, "The carpenter's son," and the fisherman were there, "on the holy mountain."  I believe the fisherman's testimony. 

Whoever is reading this may be tempted from time to time to succumb to the puny arguments of know-it-alls.  God help me that I never be so stupid.  The fools around us over our lifetimes who have spouted off their own "wisdom" and "insights" will boldness were not there and did not hear, "this Voice which came from Heaven...."  Peter was.  Now, who are we going to believe?

This may seem to be a devotional "below" some because they are of the, "I know that I know that I know," religious superior.  To them I say what the Bible warns us of, "Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall."  In the university and graduate school, every day was an attack upon Peter's assertion.  My weapon was my "chooser."  I chose to believe Peter.  Other chose to believe, well the others.

At least three times in the Book of Isaiah, "The Word of God," Jesus, tells us, "You are My witnesses."  We are the, "witnesses," who are bastions against the seductive lies of the Devil and his crowd.  We have the privilege, as did Peter, to pass on to our generation the reality, in a very real sense, "We were with Him on the holy mountain."

**************************
* The enclosed photo is of Sarah and me with Lillian.  Aol sends photos which don't always come through in a normal way. 
* Article on Islamic fighters coming through the Southern Border of the US:  jhs58.blogspot.com
* 2016 Berlin Mission: October 5-27

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2




Sent from my iPhone

Blog Archive