Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, July 25, 2016

The Triumph of Mordecai


"And all the nobles of the provinces, the satraps, the governors and the king's administrators helped the Jews, BECAUSE THE FEAR OF MORDECAI HAD SEIZED THEM....King Xerxes imposed tribute throughout the empire, to its distant shoresAnd all his acts of power and might together with a full account of the greatness of Mordecai, whom the king had promoted, are they not written in the book of the annals of the kings of Media and PersiaMordecai the Jew was SECOND IN RANK TO KING XERXES, preeminent among the Jews, and held in high esteem by his many fellow Jews, because he worked for the good of his people and spoke up for the welfare of all the Jews."

I preached on the subject, "In The King's Gate," yesterday in our church service.  I preached three sermons in one, which tends to be my wont.  Today's texts were ones I did not get to.

The account of Mordecai is one of the most astounding in Covenant History.  I pray that our Lord Jesus Christ, Who empowered, anointed, and directed Mordecai, will have mercy on the current political, cultural, and moral scene in the United States of America.  The Puritans came to these shores in the Name of Jesus to establish an expression of the Kingdom, "of our Lord and of His Christ."  There were many "successes" over the generations, but many stark failures.  The moral climate and cultural decline over the last 50+ years reveal that the "experiment" is under severe threat.

Jesus Christ is King of the Kingdom of Heaven/God.  Psalm 29:10 says, "The Lord [Jesus Christ] sat as King at the flood; yes, the Lord [Jesus Christ] sits as King forever."  There are many governments in the earth today which are controlling much of the activity of the Church in their nations.  Those same governments, however, cannot and will not control, "the Kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ."  This is true in the "super power," The United States of America. 

Derek Prince said to me after our Stephen passed, "God has His purposes."  He does, has always, and will, "even to the end of the age."  This is true for you and me also.  Never forget for a moment that our Lord Jesus Christ is never in a "panic mode."  Just as he put Moses in, "the cleft of the rock," so too is the promise which I read from today's Major Prophets reading in Isaiah 49:2. "He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of His hand He hid me; He made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in His quiver."  This is today for you, my friend.  What glorious power, what glorious Words, what glorious comfort.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I do not fret today, for You are King.  Amen.
************************************
* I ask that you pray for my time with some of the Church in California, September 9-18
* We ask that you pray for our time in Berlin, October 6-27 
* Please feel free to share with us any prayer requests which you may have

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive