Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

"....Chosen...To Be His Own...."

"For the Lord has chosen Jacob to be His own, Israel to be His treasured possession."  (Psalm 135:4: NIV)

And now, we have this: "You did not choose Me, but I chose you....As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world" (Jesus to those who believe Him).  I wonder how much this has really dawned upon you and me.  Those of us in whom Jesus Christ lives are a, "chosen," People, viz., "I chose you."  Quite frankly, over my life time relatively few people would have "chosen" me, and perhaps even you may find yourself on a not-so-desired list, but no matter.  Jesus has, "chosen you," and me.  That really should be enough for us.

Think of it.  Jesus, He of Whom the Bible says,  "For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily," Jesus, "King of kings, and Lord of lords," Jesus, "Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace," chose us.  And remember the day when we, "who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which [we] once walked according to the course of this world," came to the realization that Jesus said to us, "I have chosen you...."  We responded by surrendering our lives to Jesus, and now Eternal Life in Jesus is our life.

Notice, however, that His choosing of us was a choosing, "out of the world."  Jesus chose me out of the life style of, "the world," and that of the American Democrat Party, and humanist dominated culture.  Listen to the speeches, watch the life styles of those so longing for power they can taste it.  Watch their clever theatrics, cleverly worded, high tech video presentations, and the same title screams from it all, "the world."  Never forget that you and I have, "the mind of Christ."  We need to act like it and live in, "the mind of Christ," which is the exact opposite of, "the world."

A, "chosen," Follower of Jesus will be able to walk the "minefield" of deception which is on display this week and coming out of Philadelphia, PA.  It is designed to allure, deceive, and destroy, as in, "the thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy."  I have heard and seen even so-called "conservative" pundits falling prey to the great deception.  You and I, my friend, are of the, "I have chosen you," People.  We are overcomers, victorious, and in Jesus' grace, will be able to be His witnesses to the nations that they too can be of the, "I have chosen you out of the world."

Father, in Jesus' Name, how can I ever thank You that you, "have chosen," me?  Amen.
********************
* How would you like a different take of Bill's hypocrisy speech last night?     jhs58.blogspot.com
* Please remember:     California, September 9-18
* Please remember:     Berlin,  October 6-27

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive