Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, January 11, 2016

"The Goodness of God Endures Continually"

"You love evil more than good, lying rather than speaking righteousnessYou love all devouring words, you deceitful tongue....But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever."  (Psalm 52)

"....Boast in evil," all you wish, "O might man," and boast they have/do/will do.  I boast in, "The goodness of God," which, unlike any attempt at "goodness" apart from Jesus Christ, "endures continually."

Notice the photo on the right.  This is the fundamental intent of Arab Islamism.  And people still have the nerve to say that all of the Crusades and Crusaders were bad/wrong.  Nonsense.



One of the most beautiful hymns ever written, and one of my favorite, came from early "crusaders."  Nothing has ever surpassed "Fairest Lord Jesus."  Many "scholars" dismiss the connection of this song with the Crusaders, but I suspect a prejudice here.  Regardless,  "Fairest Lord" Jesus rules.

I am a realist, which is why, in the words of Phillips' paraphrase of 1 Corinthians 13, I do not, "cherish inflated ideas of [my] own importance."  I am no better than an abortionist, liar or thief.  I too, "have sinned and come short of the glory of God."  I am of the, "there is none righteous, no, not one."  Perhaps it is the refusal to accept the Bible's  pronunciation on all humanity which drives the humanist and hence, the blind of humanity.  I believe what the Bibles says, "....of this they are willingly ignorant," will be the end of Western Civilization.

Trump has many flaws and disqualifying aspects of a President, but then again, who hasn't?!?  He has revealed, however, a willingness to face reality, a quality which few, if any, have of the other candidates of both parties.  This is not who Followers of Jesus are.  We take our life style from the Words of Jesus Christ, aka, the Bible, which is ultimate Realism.  Jesus teaches us from Genesis to Revelation that evil resides in the heart of man, but in Jesus, "The goodness of God endures continually."  I know I must sound like the proverbial "broken record," but if we do not read, meditate, pray on and obey, "The Words of God," we too will succumb to the same self deception of those whom so many seem to loath.  Apart from Jesus and His Words we are of the same "stuff."  Our confidence today is in the Words of Jesus, "The goodness of God endures continually."  Any other "goodness" is fleeting.  Jesus in you and me Is, "The goodness of God...."  Anything or anyone else called, "goodness," is an impostor.  I deplore any attempt I ever made to be good.  I laud and receive only, "The goodness of God," Who is Jesus Christ.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I reaffirm today that I only accept and trust, "The goodness of God."  Amen.
********************
* Read more of what is going on in Germany.  It is just a precursor of what will happen in the US, that is, if the humanists rule.   Go to:      jhs58.blogspot.com
* Berlin Mission planned for sometime after September 1 of this year.  If you would like to invest in this Mission, we will be making the necessary reservations this month.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive