Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, January 15, 2016

"The Bread Of The Face"

"You shall set the bread of the Presence on the table before Me at all times."
(Exodus 25:30, NASB)

Literally, "The bread of the Face on the table before Me continually."  I told Sarah today that this is something beyond me, "I just cannot understand," or maybe it's, "I cannot fathom."  More and more I find this to be so with Biblical Principles of which at one time I would have said I understand; I don't.  "Understanding," is what the Bible says we should, "get."  I accept that, and attempt to pursue that.  But it cannot mean "intellectual grasp."  If it does, I'm sunk. 

My Pentateuch/History section reading today had me in our text.  I'm no Hebrew scholar, but from what I could gather from further study, it has to do with the Face of God always before us, "The Presence," but also a reminder that we can "see" His Face because we are accepted with/in Him.  Remember that the first "article" which we encounter in the tabernacle is the "altar of sacrifice."  Here, in the Blood of Jesus you and I are cleansed and forgiven of all sin, so that when we come to, "The Bread of the Presence/Face," we are received.  That is a one time "act."  No coming and going in relationship to, "The Presence/Face."  The psalmist said, "I have set the Lord always before me," not just in that sanctimonious gathering place or your "quiet time."  It is always.

You and I live in the Tabernacle, "which the Lord Jesus pitched and not man."  It is an Eternal Tabernacle.  Maybe there is not actual "furniture," but the reality of what the Living Triune God has done, is doing, "is now and ever shall be," is a great redeeming reality.  "The Bread of the Face," is Jesus.  "For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."  Of course, if you and I attempt to grasp this wonderful reality in, "your own understanding," we will fall so short of the releasing peace in, "The Bread of the Face."

Regardless of what I "understand" or do not "understand," I can say with complete certainty that right now, right there in that room, whatever the configuration, you have, "The Bread of the Face," and Jesus' Presence is, "continually."   Followers of Jesus live in the Eternal Tabernacle.  It is now our natural habitat.  Look up, out with your heart, and you will "see" Jesus, again I say, right now, right there/here-- "....the Face...continually."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I feed on You, "Bread of the Presence/Face."  Amen.
**********************************
* Berlin Mission:  Right now we are looking at September 14-October 5.  We are in the process of purchasing airline tickets. 
* Washington, DC Mission: January 27
Some have asked how to contribute toward these missions:
        FHMP
        505 LIBERTY AVE.       
        JOHNSTOWN   
        PA
        15905 
Our bank is a participant in the "popmoney" transfer service.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive