Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Sunday, January 24, 2016

A Few "Rabbit-Trail-Thoughts" For The Snow Bound

"Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble."  (Psalm 119:165, NIV)

I realized again this morning that the reason I, "love Your Law," is that, "Your law," is Your Word, and Your Word is Jesus, and Jesus has so fulfilled our text to/in me.  The print on the pages of our Bibles is a description and revelation of, "The Word of God," Himself.  Read the Bible and we are reading Jesus Christ.  "Great peace":  This is what the lottery ticket-purchasers are looking for.  This is what the cynic is looking for.  This is what every person whom you and I have ever met or will meet is looking for, "Great peace."

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you."  There is nothing more we "need" when we have Jesus, "For He Himself is our peace."  Those who talk of "soaking in His Presence" are speaking of (I hope) what Jesus Himself said, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.  He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."  The, "Great Peace," of which/Whom our text speaks is only in Jesus, the Flowing, "Rivers of living water," flowing in us as we are in Jesus.  A great promise follows the, "Great Peace....nothing can make them stumble."

Jesus' Words must be our experience, not some pop, trendy phraseology.  Today the invitation of the Blessed Trinity is to wade in that, "Great Peace,...rivers of living waters."  To me, there is a further "type" of this, "rivers of living waters," in Ezekiel 47, "And when the man went out to the east with the line in his hand, he measured one thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the water came up to my ankles.  Again he measured one thousand and brought me through the waters; the water came up to my knees.  Again he measured one thousand and brought me through; the water came up to my waist.  Again he measured one thousand, and it was a river that I could not cross; for the water was too deep, water in which one must swim, a river that could not be crossed."

Do not attempt to "cross" this "River," of Whom the psalmist said, "For with You is the Fountain of life."  Rather, "swim" in It/Him/JesusOkay, "Soak" on. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, wherever You may be in what I have written, it is You I desire and need.  I so thank You that, "Great peace have those who love Your Law/Words."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive