Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

"Wise In His Own Eyes"-- The Plague of Humanity

"Do you see a man wise in his own eyesThere is more hope for a fool than for him." (Proverbs 26:12)

The Amplified Bible says, "Do you see a man [who is unteachable and] wise in his own eyes and full of self-conceit?...."  The CEV says, "There is more hope for a fool than for someone who says, 'I'm really smart!'"

There are commands in the Bible which many do not obey because they are, "wise in his own eyes".  There whole basis for rejection is their mind/brain/schooling in the ways of "The Age of Enlightenment" thinking.  They're on their own, my friend, on their own in a world that is, "past finding out," and attempting to relate to God Whose, "ways are (way) past finding out."

Example:  This morning, as I usually do, I prayed extensively in the Holy Spirit in my spirit, aka, "speaking in tongues."  I have never fully understood the opposition to this.  Famous "big shot" leaders in Christendom have opposed this, argued this, twisted Scripture concerning this for generations.  To me, the main reason is that they have to be in control.  They need to know what they are praying.  A person who has to "know everything" is the classic "control freak."

"Where were you?"  This is the powerful, sobering question Jesus asked Job.  It is the optimal "rhetorical question."  I wasn't there, "when...."  I don't know what is going on in the vast majority of the Earth, let alone, the Universe.  I don't know the timetable of the Blessed Trinity, when is the Second Appearing of Jesus, Armageddon, when or if certain people for whom I pray will come to Jesus.  I don't know; I don't know.  Those who reject the Baptism in the Holy Spirit and the accompanying, "pray with my spirit," are people who must know.  If they don't know, they are fearful.  When I pray in, "an unknown tongue," I know I'm going beyond myself, deep into the purposes/will of the Living Triune God.  That, and I could almost say, that alone is what I want, Father, Son Jesus, Holy Spirit, fellowship in the Godhead, praying His Purposes, His Will, and thereby "shaping" so much more than my mind could ever hope to grasp.

I leave you today with your own decision.  What will dominate your "form" of communication today?  "Out of his belly," or, "out of his innermost being," or, "out of his heart shall flow rivers of living waterBut this He spoke concerning the Spirit, Whom those believing in Him would receive...."  This, "living water," does not, "flow," out of our brains; it flows, "out of [my] heart," a part of us to which Westerners particularly just find it almost impossible to relate.  Sarah was at our house with one-month-old Andrew.  I was at the hospital with Stephen while he went through 5 hours of tests.  Things were unknown to doctors and to me.  I was powerless in comprehension.  It was like Jesus says in Luke 24:26, "....apprehensive of what is coming...."  I literally was in a phone booth for most of that time, "pray[ing] with my spirit," in the Holy Spirit.  Desperation will take you places intellect will not allow you to go.  "I Surrender All," the song says.  Smart move.

Father, in Jesus' Name, You, Alone, are God, not me.  I desperately like it that way.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive