Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

"In God (I will praise His word), in God I have put my trust; I will not fearWhat can flesh do to me?"  (Psalm 56:4)

....In the s0-called "natural," apparently, a lot.  They can rob us, ostracize us, kill us; history attests to this.  What man cannot do, however, is destroy us, "The body they may kill: God's truth abideth still."

Notice, "The body they may kill...."  They can, and they have.  Millions of Followers of Jesus have been brutally tortured, lost property, finances and murdered throughout the centuries.  It is said that when they attempted to burn Polycarp at the stake, his body would not burn.  Failing to burn him after three attempts, they then stabbed him.  He is to have said while the flames were raging but powerless to kill him, something like, "I will not die until the Lord Jesus allows."  Polycarp demonstrated, "In God (I will praise His Word)...."

"I will not fearWhat can flesh do to me?"  Can we not also say, "What can his Satanic majesty do to me?"  Can we not also say this to disease, pestilence, societal and global collapse?  Fear of the uncertain and unknown is prevalent in humanity, and there are many who profit by such fear mongering.  Don't listen to them.  Don't allow their humanistic reasoning and life-philosophy control you.  Let this rule: "In God (I will praise His Word), in God (Father, Son Jesus, Holy Spirit) I have put my trust; I will not fear."

Notice David's reasoning for, "What can flesh do to me?"  He committed himself to, "In God (I will praise His Word, in God I have put my trust...."  David is in faith's "hall of fame" in Hebrews.  All of these were, "esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than...treasures...; for [they were] looking to the rewardBy faith...[they] endured, as seeing Him Who is unseen."  There it is, my friend.  You and I endure in this life, "seeing Him Who is unseen..., looking unto Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of faith, Who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the same, and has sat down...."

You and I can "sit down" today in perfect peace because as Isaiah 26 declares, "You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in YouTrust in the Lord forever, for the Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord Himself, is the Rock Eternal." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I readily confess that I only have, "perfect peace," when my mind is steadfastly on You.  Amen.
******************
Join me at David's Tent in DC any time from the afternoon of September 18 to the afternoon of September 22

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive