Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, June 19, 2015

Your "Ways Are Past Finding Out"

"How great are Your doings, O LordYour thoughts are very deep A man in his rude and uncultivated state knows not, neither does a [self-confident] fool understand...." 
(Psalm 92, Amplified Bible)


Right now, you and I are traveling at 67,000 miles per hour, in fact, even much faster than that, considering that our Solar System is moving at about 500,000 miles per hour.  Some scientists say that the Sun appears to be cruising along at 120 miles per second and it takes 240,000,000 years "to complete the grand circuit around the Galaxy."  And remember that our Galaxy is 100,000 light years across.  According to calculations which I have read, this means that our Galaxy is 880,000,000,000,000, or 5.8 trillion miles across.
:-X
In reality, no one knows just how "old" is the Universe.  Now I know there are the "6000 year" people who base their facts on what is perceived to be the Biblical account, and I don't argue with them.  Regardless, you cannot measure time in eternity; otherwise eternity would not be eternity.  One thing for sure: If you and I believe/accept what the Bible declares, that Jesus upholds, "all things by the word of His power," then the Sun
in its 240,000,000 year journey is sustained by Jesus in that journey.  Understand it?  Yea, right.
  
I have said and written for many years now that to me faith is acceptance of the, "Words of  God," not a mental comprehension.  I believe that you and I would be a lot more "believing" if we were a lot more accepting.  Hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is the substance...."  The word translated, "substance," is from the Greek word meaning "to be under," more specifically, "to be under authority."  The, "substance," in the whole "faith" process is not a mental comprehension, but my "position," viz., being under the authority of, "The Word of God," Jesus.  The old song was not trite, "If Jesus said it, I believe it."  

The facts which science put forth lead me to speak our text with even more meaning, "How great are Your doings, O LordYour thoughts are very deep.  The, "rude and uncultivated...knows not," because he accepts not.  It is the, "rude and uncultivated," no matter their education or financial status, who refuse to accept, "In the beginning God...."  There are unanswered questions which will forever remain unanswered, perhaps even in eternity.  Maybe, "in that Day," what we thought were such profound questions will be reduced to insignificance when, "we...see Him as He is."  Take courage, my friend.  If Jesus can sustain our Sun on its 240,000,000 mile journey, I think Jesus is quite capable of sustaining you and me on ours.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I don't want to be, "rude and uncultivated."  Amen.
*****************
David's Tent in September, "as the Lord provides."


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive