Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

What We Now "Know" Is Not What We Shall "Know"

"That they may know that You, Whose name alone is the Lord, are Most High over all the earth." (Psalm 83:18, Amplified Bible)

I, "know," this, or at least I think I do.  There is a very real sense, though, that what you and I, "know," now of our Lord Jesus Christ is not what we will, "know," of Him in the future, tomorrow, a year from now, or how ever long we have on this Planet.  Things I believed, said, preached, taught many years ago were not "tempered" by time.  That does not negate what value it had.  It does, however, show me more and more just "how deep is the ocean, how high is the sky." 

The Bible says, "Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of GodHow unfathomable (inscrutable, unsearchable) are His judgments (His decisions)!  And how untraceable (mysterious, undiscoverable) are His ways (His methods, His paths)!"  This is all Paul could say after he attempted to shed light on the mystery of Israel and the Gentile nations; life too teaches us this reality.  Years ago I "knew" that Jesus, "Whose Name alone is the Lord, [is] Most High over all the earth."  Now, I "know" it a little "more."

While "answers" seem fewer and fewer to me, as I observe and contemplate life more and more, and in that process realize just how little I do know, I take comfort in, "Beloved, now we are the children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is."

Father, in Jesus' Name, "it is enough."  Amen.  

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive