Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

"I Have Raised My Hand In An Oath" (Jesus)

"Therefore thus says the Lord God: 'I have raised My hand in an oath that surely the nations that are around you shall bear their own shameBut you, O mountains of Israel, you shall shoot forth your branches and yield your fruit to My people Israel....'" (Ezekiel 36:7, 8)

When King Jesus says, "I have raised My hand in an oath," then know that whatever follows will come to pass.  Much of Ezekiel, as with all Scripture, has already been fulfilled under Jesus,' "oath."  And isn't it exciting that while we are watching the fulfillment of prophecy right now, much more is ahead. 

I am scheduled to pray for Israel tomorrow for the Pittsburgh National Day of Prayer event.  Now I don't fully grasp the "ways" of our Lord Jesus Christ concerning the Jews.  I do know, however, that, "there is one Lord, one faith," not one Lord for the Old Testament and one Lord for the New, not one for the Jews and one for the Gentile nations.  Somewhere "along the line" there will be a realization of Ephesians 2, "For Jesus Himself is our peace, who has made both one (Jew and Gentile), and has broken down the middle wall of separation,..so as to create in Himself (Jesus) one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that Jesus might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity."  There is only one "plan of salvation"!

Jesus is, "....the way, the truth, and the life," for humanity.  There is no other "way" for Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, animists, new age, or "I'm my own church" people to come to Father.  The Good News in Jesus Christ is, "....the Gospel of Christ...is the power of God to salvation to every one that believes; to the Jew first, and also the Gentile."  The Bible promises are to all who, "follow the Lamb wherever He goes."   No, I don't have "all the answers" to the myriad of questions which fill the minds of humanity. 
But I do know that it is Jesus, and Jesus alone, who will determine the destiny of all humanity.

Now, how about a great benediction?  "Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father."

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for including me in everything.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive