Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, March 27, 2015

"A Flaming Sword"

"....He placed...a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life....And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God." (Genesis 3:24 & Ephesians 6:17)

We circled the City of Berlin today on the Sbahn called "The Ring."  It goes around the most populace part of the city.  It takes one hour, and we were able to read from Leviticus 16-Numbers 4. 

Now let me explain what I have been seeing more and more on this mission.  Our text is too familiar to "spirit-filled" Christians.  It's quoted, preached, cliched.  It needs to become, however, powerful life reality to you and me, and it has to me.  Of course it always was and is, but going about Berlin this time with the Scriptures playing, I realized that I was "dragon slaying" (Revelation 12).  "....the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit."  Two weapons of the Holy Spirit here: the Word and prayer.

As the Words of God go into the airways of your house, your neighborhood, your place of work, congregation, government, in short, anywhere, "the sword of the Spirit," is at the same time attacking the, "principalities and powers," and releasing captives.  I really believe this------ or I would not be doing what I am doing.  Sometimes at night I let our computer play Scriptures in our house all through the night.  Could this practice be something similar to what Jesus tells us in the Genesis 3 text above?  The, "sword," described in Genesis protects; the, "sword," described in our Ephesians 6 text describes an attack mode.  Yes, you already know, "So shall my word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."  We are witnessing this here in Berlin, and you and I are witnessing it in our lives, i.e., if we open our eyes.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for the defensive and offensive, "sword of the Spirit."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive