Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, December 5, 2014

It's Yours To Claim

"He sent from above, He took me; He drew me out of many waters.  He delivered me from my strong enemy, from those who hated me, for they were too strong for me."  (Psalm 18:16, 17)

When they are, "too strong for me," I just need to remember and be reminded that they are not, "too strong for," our Lord Jesus, "a very present help...."

I have a simple recommendation today: Read Psalm 18 and claim it as your own.  Pray it; declare it; live it.  You may/can, you know, "Christ says 'Yes' to all of God's promisesThat's why we have Christ to say 'Amen' for us to the glory of God" (2 Cor., CEV), and, "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us..., that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus...." (Gal. 3)  If any would disagree with the application of these Scriptures to my suggestion about Psalm 18, we could discuss it.  I believe, however, that God in Christ has shown humanity just how Magnanimous He Is.  Nothing we need is left out.

So again, read and pray Psalm 18.  It's yours and mine.  Then face that, well, whatever.  It is no match for you in Jesus Christ.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I do claim all David claimed, and thank You that You said I could do so.  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive