Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, December 8, 2014

"Delight" Comes From the Heart

"I delight to do Your will, O my God, and Your law is within my heart." (Psalm 40:8)

Why do I think that I could only do the will of God when, "Your law is within my heart"?  I am really not sure that, "delight," in the will of God is my "natural" inclination.  I suspect that the degree to which I give myself to the Words of Jesus is the degree to which, "I delight to do Your will...."  The Words of God reveal the blessing of living in the will of God, and the curse of living outside the will of God.  Both are great motivators in doing His will.

Perhaps a life style so common in Christendom, a life style of selective Biblical reading, is the reason there is so much of self initiated, selective giving of ourselves to the work of the Kingdom.  I cannot trust that I am doing the will of God if I do not have the revelation of the will of God, which is revealed in the Words of God.

I suggest today that if we want a life which demonstrates, "I delight to do Your will, O my God," that we get more and more of His law/word, "within my heart."  Jesus, the Word of God, reveals the power of His words when He said, "The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life."  If delight in Jesus and His purpose in the earth are to be my life, then I think, "Your law is within my heart," will be a "prime mover."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray that I ever, "delight to do Your will."  Amen.
***************************
"De

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive