Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

"....Go Forth and Skip...."

"For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnaceand all the arrogant and every evildoer will be chaff....But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness shall arise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall.  You will tread down the wicked."  (Malachi 4, NASB)

As an 
amateur historian I do not deny the past, and as a "prophetic" person I do not deny the future.  We do have a past, and we do have a future.  I will not, however, be enslaved by either.  I am a person now of the Eternal One, Father, Son Jesus, and Holy Spirit.  There are occurrences in my past which I regret, and those in my future which could give me serious concern, certainly uncertainty.  But the reality is that regrets of the past and uncertainties of the future do not defeat the "eternal" person, the person who is safe and secure in Jesus Christ.

Our text speaks of who we are and of "What"/Whom we have in Jesus, while also speaking of those whose trust is they their selves.  "....the day is coming...."  This is Biblical Theology; this is the prophetic Word of God from Adam to the close of the Age, a day which is referred to as, "The Day of the Lord"---- and it is fast "approaching."  Those who are proud, on the other hand, who are, "the arrogant and every evildoer will be chaff."  They will be consumed in, "the day.., burning like a furnace." 

Rejoice in our Lord Jesus Christ, my friend.  Our "future," our eternal reality is, "....You will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall," or, "you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves" NIV), or, "leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture" (TLB).  Have yourself a skipping, frolicking, "leaping with joy," 2015.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray for my friend and me that we have a "Your-Kind-of-New Year."  Amen.
******************
Plans are coming together for the March Mission

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive