Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, December 29, 2014

"As He IS, So Are We In This World"

"My mouth will speak the praise of the Lord, and all flesh shall bless His Holy Name forever and ever."  (Psalm 145:21) 

Two other times in this Psalm David uses the phrase, ".......forever and ever."  It is a phrase of our time/space existence and thinking.  The life which those of us have, "who follow the Lamb wherever He goes," is not really, "forever and ever," nor, "everlasting," in the sense we think of it, viz., ever lasting.  "This is how God loved the world: He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."  The Greek word translated, "everlasting," in The Authorized and many other translations, is literally, "eternal."  It is a whole "different" dimension, "existence."

We are facing a "New Year" in our time/space existence, in our understanding.  But in Jesus Christ our entire life now is, "eternal," no new, no old, no beginning, no ending, no start, no stop, no "come into His presence," no leaving.  When we receive Jesus, we are as Jesus because we are in Jesus and Jesus in us, "Before Abraham was, I am."  In Jesus the same is true of us now.  Not, I was nor shall be, but I am; I am an eternal "resident."

Life in 2015 is not beginning, nor ending, but, "I Am, Who I Am."  In Jesus, in our, "new creation," life, there is no "New Year," nor Old Year, just "Now Year."  Okay, maybe I'm over working it, but I have great peace in knowing that the moment Jesus entered this very body, soul and spirit, I "stepped" into Eternity.  Happy Eternity.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You that You tell us, "....as He is, so are we in this world."  Amen.
******************
Please say a pray from time to time for our upcoming Mission.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive