Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, September 22, 2014

"....Beheaded For Their Witness To Jesus"

"....Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image....And they lived and reigned with Christ for the thousand years."  Revelation 20:4)

ISIS did not invent beheadings.  They have been going on for thousands of years, and will continue until the, "appointed time."

Notice, however, that the faithful were, "behead for their witness to Jesus and for the Word of God, who had not worshiped," any but Jesus.  In DC this passed week, I was particularly encouraged that the worship/intercession was centered in Jesus Christ.  No one passing by had to wonder what we were about, who we were.  The Name of Jesus was prevalent. Is He central, foundational, uncompromisingly in your life, your church?

My Gospel reading for today contained this text: "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you will have (literally, "you have") tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."  We are hearing of this promise right today.  Little children are even beheaded, "for their witness to Jesus."  This only comes as a shock to those who do not take the Bible seriously. "In the world you have [beheadings].  But be of good cheer, I have overcome the [beheaders]."  So there we have it.  "In Jesus you may have peace.  In the world you have tribulation."  In Jesus you and I, "have overcome the world."

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for being my, "Peace," and my, "overcome the world."  Amen.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive