Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, August 18, 2014

Listen And Respond

"They turned their backs to Me and not their faces; though I taught them again and again, they would not listen or respond to discipline." (Jeremiah 32:33, NIV)

If you look just at the United States of America, you can understand the condition of America.  The call of our Lord Jesus Christ is always to humanity, "Come to Me...."  Why do a poor, helpless, confused, no-answers-race prefer to turn, "their backs to [Jesus]." 

From the Garden, man has always preferred to "handle" life by himself rather than turn to Jesus.  I will do it.  I decide.  I know what is best.  Of course this is a stupid life style.  I did not create me; Jesus created me.  I cannot guarantee fulfillment of my desires, plans for my life.  Only our Lord Jesus Christ can do that.

Today, my friend, I encourage you and myself to, "Come to Me, all who are weary...."  What a few words, yet what wonderful, loving, empowering words.  In the Blood of Jesus, not my repentance, nor my "well-I'm-going-to-change," not a "Twelve Step Program," as good as it may be, only in the Blood of Jesus is power to change, keep, this very fragile life. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You that I have You, keeping me, sustaining me.  Amen.
***************
DC Mission:  September 17-21

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive