Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"Jesus, Lover of My Soul, Let Me To Thy Bosom Fly"

"Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at His holy hill; for the Lord our God is holy." (Psalm 99:9)

We are living in a world which manifests the result of the Fall.  God said; Satan said God didn't really mean it; man believed Satan rather than God.  Okay, now the world, including America, which so many of the gullible think is safe from beheadings, violent barbarism, etc., is in a race war.  Relatively recently a gang of 400 black men attacked two white couples in a McDonald's in College Station, Texas.  The result?-- two white people dead.  The politically correct press, as well as the nation, basically ignored it.  America elected a black person in an attempt to show the world we are not racists, truly repentant for slavery, etc.  It was a philosophical version of Johnson's "Great Society," and was supposed to fix, among other things, the race problems in America.  It was a misguided motive for which we and the world have paid, and will pay dearly.  You just don't right a wrong with humanist motives and agenda (Some have accused me of racism in the past for saying such things).  In the midst of the reports of the beheading of an American Citizen by barbarous Arab/Islamists, the same Muslims who have beheaded little babies, and have threatened of more beheadings, I read this morning Ps. 96-100.   It was a reminder to always run this race, "Looking unto Jesus." 

Psalms 96-100 are basically all praise to the Living God.  I needed this "praise enhancer" today.  I get very angry with what is going on in the United States of America, the world.  Yet it is as though our Lord Jesus reminded me today that this has been going on all throughout history------- and will continue, yes, accept it reluctantly as we may, it will continue.  You and I cannot change this.  As the Bible says, "In the last days evil men will go from bad to worse."  Now this was and is not some "head in the sand" life-style word.  It is a reminder of what was going on in "eternity past" long before the creation of Earth, and will go on in "eternity future" long after Earth, "Exalt the Lord our God,..worship at His holy hill...."   

At the risk of sounding melodramatic, I had tears in my eyes for all that is going on in America and the world.  This song came to me, a song from my childhood, a song from another century, but a song of praise and prayer:
        "Jesus, lover of my soul, let me to Thy bosom fly,
        While the nearer waters roll, while the tempest still is high.
        Hide me, O my Savior, hide, till the storm of life it past;
        Safe into the haven guide; O receive my soul at last.

        Other refuge have I none, hangs my helpless soul on Thee;
        Leave, ah! leave me not alone, still support and comfort me.
        All my trust on Thee is stayed, all my help from Thee I bring;
        Cover my defenseless head with the shadow of Thy wing.
    
        ....Thou, O Christ, art all I want, more  than all in Thee I find;
        Raise the fallen, cheer the faint, heal the sick, and lead the blind.
        Just and holy is Thy Name, I am all unrighteousness;
        False and full of sin I am; Thou art full of truth and grace."  (Charles Wesley)

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive