Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

From Where/Whom Comes Your "Knowledge"?

"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds...."  (2 Corinthians 10:4)

I divide my New Testament reading into three sections, Gospels, Acts-Ephesians, and Philippians-Revelation.  Today's text is from the Acts-Ephesians section. 

Where are these, "strongholds," of which Paul speaks?  They are in our minds.  The battle for humanity is not unrelated "spiritual warfare."  We do not "take authority" over demons and say, "I cast out strongholds; I rebuke arguments," etc.  The battle with Satan is in our minds, "Did God say?"  Verse 5 tells us that the battle is against Satanic, "arguments," and, "knowledge."  This warfare is not as "spooky" as some would lead us to believe.  Receive Christ's, "arguments," and, "knowledge," and we will be delivered from the Enemy's.

I know I sound like the proverbial "broken record," and people may look at my devotionals and look for signs of the "same old thing," and say, "O no; there he goes again."  But the reality is that the battle in our daily living is in our minds, "pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity of Christ...."  And nothing, my friend can do this, but the Bible, the Scriptures, the "God-Breathed" Words.  If a person neglects the Word of God in his/her daily life, don't go to a deliverance session and expect whatever happens to last very long.

We just do not "cast out" sin.  We stop sinning.  We do not "cast out" wrong living, i.e., a life style which is in conflict with Jesus Christ and His Kingdom of Heaven.  We fill ourselves with the Scriptures and thereby, as verse 5 says, "bring every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ."  This includes the way I deal with finances, treat my family, neighbors, the way I vote in political elections, etc., etc.  People live wrong because they are taught wrong.  Their knowledge is a knowledge, "against the knowledge of God."  My Mother once told me that they taught the Bible in her grammar school.  America "grew up" and cast out the Bible.  Look around, and tell me such "maturing" has paid off. 

All humanity can do before the Word of God is
either as the "rich, young ruler," walk away, or surrender before the Word of God and say to Him as Paul did on that road, "Lord, what will you have me to do?"  Press in, my friend, and do not let anything, I repeat anything keep you from the only source of, "the knowledge of God."

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for all the giving me Your, "knowledge."  Amen.
********************
May Mission to Berlin/Bosnia, May 1-20.
News, Commentary:   jhs58.blogspot.com


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive