Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"When You Walk Through the Fire, You Will Not Be Burned" (Jesus)

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over youWhen you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."  (Isaiah 43:2, NIV)

God had demonstrated this truth at the Red Sea many generations before.  While I have never crossed a "sea" as the Hebrews did, I have been, "through waters...and...rivers...[and] fire...."  So have you.  Sometimes it is good to reflect on those "waters, rivers, and fires."  I can think of several, yet here I am.  This is God speaking, the Word of God, Jesus, the One Who enabled David to say by faith and experience, "....Though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

Today you may feel as Peter who at one time walked on the sea, yes he did.  Ultimately, however, while looking at his "impossible" circumstances, i.e., "Hey, I can't do this," he began to go under the water.  And when he began to go under, as we inevitably all do from time to time, he cried out to Jesus, "Lord, save me."  Jesus did.  It was a simple cry, a simple "prayer," we could say.  Yet a few words in desperation-faith can accomplish more than the most well thought out, prepared, sophisticated prayer.  "The rivers...will not sweep over you."  

When I was in elementary school, the local high school had a typical "fight song."  One phrase said, "although our foes be large or small, Somerset High will win over all, as our loyal team goes marching onward to vic-to-ry."  Well, my friend, "Although our ("waters, rivers, fires") be large or small," in Jesus Christ, you and I "win over all."  Now, "Onward to VIC-TO-RY!"

Father, in Jesus' Name, I trust You in all "waters, rivers, and fire."  Amen.
****************
"Civil War Spreads Alone Israel's Northern Borders"--- Read at:   jhs58.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive