Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"From Prison to Praise"

"Hear my prayer, Lord; let my cry for help come to youDo not hide your face from me when I am in distress....But you, Lord, sit enthroned forever; your renown endures through all generations....In the course of my life He broke my strength; He cut short my days....In the beginning You laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your handsThey will perish, but You remain....the same, and your years will never end." (Psalm 102, NIV)

Yes, this is all from the same Psalm.
  The depths of despair can lead to the heights of worship--------- that is, if we do as the Hebrew writer said, "Consider Jesus."  This was the victory of the psalmist.  With the Lord Jesus as, "The Lord is my Shepherd," He looked at his life at times and did not deny or allow himself to get in some falsely religious, charismatic la la land.  There were times when things were, quite frankly, bad.  Yet in the midst of everything, "But You, Lord, sit enthroned forever....In the beginning You laid the foundations of the earth...."  He was in effect saying, "I need help in this desperate situation, but because I know You are the Alpha and Omega, because I know You not only, 'laid the foundations of the earth,' I know that You laid the foundation of my life.  Everything else may perish, but I know that I will not, because You said, 'Whoever believes in Him (Jesus) will never perish but have eternal life.'"!!

If you are going through a difficult time in your life, you are participating in what millions upon millions have participated in for millennia.  You are not alone, nor are you abandoned
.  Many of those millions thought they were because they were as Ephesians 2 says, "without hope, and without God in the world."  You are not.  Our Lord Jesus promises us all, "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."  Now some over the centuries have argued with this, given examples of what they think disproves this, and have turned back to their old life because "this just does not work."  But I have confidence in you that you will not succumb to the Devil's lie of, "Has God said...?"  Yes, He has.  You and I know this today; the psalmist knew it.  And because he was confident in the Living Triune God, he could admit that life was tough at times, even confusing.  But he also could and did affirm, even though he was, "in distress," the Blessed Trinity, "will arise and have compassion." He said that the day would come when, "The nations will fear the name of the Lord [Jesus Christ], all the kings of the earth will revere Your gloryFor the Lord will rebuild Zion and appear in His glory. He will respond to the prayer of the destitute; He will not despise their plea."  Rejoice today, my friend.  As you are all Jesus Christ's, all of Him and His is all of yours.

Father, in Jesus' Name, thank You for such wonderful Faithfulness and Promises.  Amen.

*********************

*  Ill advised (stupid?) diplomacy makes the United States of America one of the main "facilitators" in global Christian persecution.  Read about it @:    jhs58.blogspot.com
* Be sure to
read our Facebook posts
* Mission to Berlin/Bosnia could be in May of this year.  Please pray with us about this.

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive