Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, March 8, 2013

"Jesus Appeared To Them In A Dream"

"I know your works See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name."
(Revelation 3:8, from today's reading)


"March 8/ Iraq:  Please pray for the increased number of seekers and secret believers in Iraq.  Many report that Jesus appeared to them in a dream.  Many experience extraordinary signs and wonders." (From Open Doors Prayer Force)

So I guess for any who have thought God does not seem to be at work anymore should just look beyond what their natural eyes can see.  We all know at times the feeling of Elisha, "Where is the Lord God of Elijah?"  Well, He is apparently still, "the Lord God of Elijah," in Iraq, still at work in the world.  You and I need to hear such testimonies, especially when it seems as though the miraculous is in the past.  It is not------------ because He is not.

Our text is an encouragement to a Church who was battling for its very existence.  This has been true of most of the Church throughout history.  In verse 10, Jesus says to this Church in Philadelphia, "Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth."  What a key word to those who, "follow the Lamb wherever He goes," i.e., all who follow Jesus.  This is true in North Korea, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Tanzania, and, my friend right there in your country.  Our enemy is not, "flesh and blood," and neither is the Holy Spirit, the Indwelling Christ.  He is with and in me here, and with and in you there.  You and I right now have just as great a "Presence," I repeat, right now, as in any glorious meeting in any "glorious" church, convention, seminar, worship gathering, etc.  And what glorious Presence those faithful Followers of Jesus Christ are right now experiencing in Iraq.  Psalm 29:10 says, "The Lord Jesus Christ sat as King at the Flood; yes, The Lord Jesus Christ sits as King forever"-------- over America, over your country, and over Iraq, over, well, you know where!

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You for such great testimonies, and for Your continual daily miracles in my life.  Amen.
*****************
00:00-01:00 now filled

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive