Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"All Scripture...Is Profitable"

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable...." ( 2 Timothy 3:16)

As you may know, the NIV says, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful...."  This, my friend, is a supreme understatement.  To me, "All Scripture is (more than) useful."  To me, "All Scripture is (lifesaving)."

Last night, in preparation for the upcoming mission, I was doing some practice on an electronic version I have of Strong's Concordance and came across a great revelation.  I don't know how I missed it in studying the passage before.
 
2 Timothy 3 tells us that His words are, "breathed," into us.  This is His, "life...more abundantly."  While it is correct Biblical Theology to say that His Words continually abide in me because Jesus so abides, there is also a sense that every time I read the Bible, the Breath of the Godhead is moving through meAccording to Strong's, one Greek word for, "breathe," means, "to breathe voluntarily but gently."  Another refers to "an inanimate breeze (by implication of reduction of temperature by evaporation) to chill (figurative): -- wax cold."  But here it "the kicker:"  The word used in 2 Timothy 3:16 means, "to breathe hard, i.e.,--- blow."  Could we say that Jesus' Words come with force, "breathe hard."  I am not a Greek expert; I only had one year of Ancient Greek.  But it seems to me there is a great reality here in God's impartation of Himself in His Word.  It is not a, "to breathe voluntarily but gently."  The word is pneo, "to breathe as the wind, to breathe hard."  I will just let you think more about that.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I am so thankful that You "Breathe hard" your Words to and in me.  Amen.
****************************
More and more alarming revelations about South Africa: www.jerusalemberlinwashington.blogspot.com
 


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive