Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, March 14, 2013

"I Just Haven't Got Anybody"

"The sick man answered Him, 'Sir, I have no man....'" (John 5:7)

J.B. Phillips says, "'Sir,' replied the sick man, 'I just haven't got anybody to put me into the pool when the water is all stirred upWhile I'm trying to get there somebody else gets down into it first.'"  But Jesus in effect said, "Ah, but you have somebody now."  This is Our Jesus.  When it seems as though, "I just haven't got anybody," Jesus says to us, "I Am your
Somebody."  "The man answered, 'Lord, I don't have anyone....'" (CEV)  My fellow pilgrim on life's journey, You and I need never say this.  We have Someone.  When all others seem to forsake or actually do forsake, you can always say, "I have Somebody."  This world can seem an awful lonely place at times, "While I'm trying to get there somebody else gets [there] first."  Have you ever felt that about your healing, your "prophetic word," your finances------------------------ your happiness?  It is the feeling of the man who had no one for 38 years, that is, until Jesus came to him. 

Some people are all too aware of this troubling reality of the human race.  Others just fill their lives with so much activity they don't have time to think about it.  So many people whom so many people admire as "hard workers," you know the kind, those who never have any time for you, who in reality are just "workaholics" attempting to escape the loneliness of creatures who, "just haven't got anybody," are really people out there today desperately attempting to fill that void of, "I just haven't got anybody."  This sad assumption leads people into wrong marriages, into wrong religious groups, even wrong professions, "I just haven't got anybody."  Yet, Jesus stands before all humanity just as He stood before the man who had, "no man," and offered Himself; He still does.  The Open Doors "Prayer Force" today calls for prayer for Brunei.  "God has shown Himself to Bruneians through supernatural means such as dreams and visions."  Of course He has.  Jesus is The Man Who
, when so many in "dark" places of the earth are feeling and saying, "I just haven't got anybody," appears.  No one has any idea of how many times Jesus comes to lonely creatures on this Planet and shows Himself-------- "You are not alone.  I am here."

Whatever this day has brought you, or whatever it will, you need never, positively never, ever say, "I just haven't got anybody," or, "I don't have anyone."  May we never forget Him Who says continually to us, "Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the ageAmen."   

Father, in Jesus' Name, I am so very, very thankful that You are my Eternal Someone.  Amen.



When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive