Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, November 9, 2012

Fwd: "Beautiful Words Stir My Heart"


"My heart is overflowing with a good theme; I recite my composition concerning the King; my tongue is the pen of a ready writer."  (Psalm 45:1)
"Beautiful words stir my heartI will recite a lovely poem about the King...." (NLT)

"My tongue is a pen...."  So it is of our Lord Jesus Christ; He speaks and He writes His, "composition," His, "beautiful words (which) stir my heart," on/in my heart and mind.


I received a note today that 3 people "unfriended" me on Facebook.  That's okay; I've been "unfriended" before.  What about you?  Have you ever been "unfriended?"  Well, I have some great news today.  You have a Friend in Jesus, and "What a Friend
we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!"  No other friend could do that.  Jesus bears "all our sins and griefs," and "sins-and-grief"s just about sums up the human dilemma.  People can turn to man's religion or whatevers for relief of "sins and griefs," or they can turn to Jesus.  Making the right "turn" will determine the right outcome.  Joseph Scriven wrote the song to comfort his mother who was across the ocean from him.  Sometimes it may seem that you are "across the ocean" from most everyone, maybe even from the Lord Jesus.  But you are not.  You remember, "There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."  I encourage you-- In hours of loneliness, "....recite a lovely poem about the King...."

Let your heart join the psalmist today.  Let your tongue be your pen.  "....Recite [your] composition concerning the King," Jesus.  Read the rest of Psalm 45 and "adopt" is as a new "least on life," your, "good theme." 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I say, Thank You, Holy Spirit, for such great, "Beautiful words (to) stir my heart.  I will (continue to) recite a lovely poem."  Amen.
*******************
* I am preaching in the CCE Service this coming Sunday, November 11, at 10:00
* Read of some of the reactions in Israel to the recent US election: www.jerusalemberlinwashington.blogspot.com


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive