Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, August 30, 2012

"That I May Not Be Ashamed?

"Let my heart be blameless regarding Your statutes (Words), that I may not be ashamed."(Ps 119:80)

I am also reading in 1 Kings.  It is a sad time when I read about Solomon.  I wonder if he were, "ashamed," as to how his life ended, "For it was so, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned his heart after other gods; and his heart was not loyal to the Lord his God...."  He has been called the wisest man who ever lived.  He put forth so many proverbs, was, "the preacher," new great love in his life time.  But, alas, "when [he] was old"------------- 

It really does not matter how you and I run the race; it matters only how we finish.  This talk of, "Well, it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game," I can tell you never worked for me.  I never felt good about losing, only winning.  As Patton once said, "I wouldn't give a hoot in___for a man who lost and laughed about it."

If I am to, "not be ashamed," now or at the end of my sojourn here, then there is only one surety:  "Let my heart be blameless regarding Your [Word]."  Jesus said, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothingThe words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life."  This is the only, repeat, only way to live and, "be blameless," living in Jesus and His Words.  If I so live, they will say of me, "For it was so, when Woody was old, no one, 'turned his heart after other gods.'" 

Father, in Jesus' Name, keep me ever mindful that I am "turnable."  Only You are not.  Amen.
************************
More New On South Africa: www.jerusalemberlinwashington.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive