Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Psalm 119 Study

"You have commanded us to keep Your precepts diligentlyOh, that my ways were directed to keep Your statutes."
(Psalm 119:4, 5)

Paraphrase: "'You have commanded us to keep Your precepts diligentlyOh, that' we may do it."  Psalm 119 is a Psalm about what the Bible refers to as, "the words of God," e.g., "precepts,.. statutes,.. commandments,.. judgments,.. testimonies,..word."
Remember, a Great Name of Jesus is given to us in the last Book of the Bible, "The Word of God."

People who talk of the Law of God, "precepts,..statutes," with disparagement are lawless people.  They want a volunteer religion, a religion with, "no condemnation," which is code for "I want to do only what I want to do," you know, a sort of pick-and-choose religion.  They only see the,"precepts," and, "statutes," and, "law," and, "judgments," as restrictive.  Yes, but only restrictive to their fleshly desires and passions.  If  I want to continue to justify sin in my life, the last place I want to go is Psalm 119; I would avoid it like a plague.  In fact, maybe this is the reason so few people regularly read the Bible.  It destroys the lies of the Devil about, "Your precepts,..Your statutes," and proclaims, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and light to my path."

Psalm 119 is rich in revelation of the Heart of the Living Triune God.  The Holy Spirit moves on the psalmist, not as an automaton, but just as you and I may experience, a person who has found what verse 97 declares, "Oh, how I love Your lawit is my meditation all the day."  In Psalm 119, we discover a love for, "the Words of God," value them, feed on them, because as Jesus said, "You search the Scriptures (a reference to, "precepts,..statutes"), for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me."  What greater endorsement of, "Your precepts,..Your statutes," can there be?!?

Father, in Jesus' Name, others may disparage, "Your precepts,..Your statutes," but I cannot, because I know that You have dealt, "bountifully with Your servant, that I may live and keep Your word."  Amen.
****************
At the Chick Fil A , just East of the Westmoreland Mall, today @ 13:00
News, Commentary: www.jerberwash.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive