Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, July 13, 2012

I Pray This For You Today

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Thessalonians 5:23, KJV)

"....unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."  After, "the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ," all Scriptural promises for those who surrendered their lives to Jesus Christ will "take over," because we are in the Eternal One, for "all" Eternity, no more battle with rebellion, lust, unforgiveness, envy, resentment, pride, in short, everything which in this life plagues the whole human race.  But until then, how we do need the continual moment by moment answer to this prayer.

Some years ago I shared that today's text was the verse which the evangelist, who led my Grandpa Barnette to Jesus, gave to and prayed for that young 14 year old boy in 1901.  All who knew Tom Barnette said it surely was fulfilled in his life. 

If you want to pray something for me, I can think of no greater prayer, not all that brochure stuff you read.  Please pray this for my family also; pray this for yourself.  I even pray this for "enemies."  Why not?  The answer to this great "declaration," this prayer will be the salvation of all for whom we pray it.

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray for the one or group who may be reading this right now, "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."  Amen.
*******************
Read of Islamists' Declaration of War on Christians:
www.jerberwash.blogspot.com
Unreached People Group: www.apfunreachedpeoples.blogpsot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive