Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, July 20, 2012

"I Must Also See Rome" (Paul-------- and me)

"Paul purposed in the Spirit...to go to Jerusalem, saying, 'After I have been there, I must also see Rome'" (Acts 19:21).

I read this last evening and was reignited.  Some people think the only reason Paul wanted to see Rome was to prevent having to stand trial in Jerusalem and risk a possible early execution; not so.  This declaration of Paul is well before the, "I appeal to Caesar," statement he made before Festus.  Paul had his eye on the Capitol of the Empire.

No one can doubt the aggressive tactics of the Early Church, i.e., AD 33- AD 313.  They ransacked the Empire with this Jesus. A representative of Rome described the essence of the Empire's dilemma to another official when he spoke of Paul's trial before him, recorded in the Book of Acts: "Against whom when the accusers stood up, they brought none accusation of such things as I supposed:  But had certain questions against him of their own superstition, and of one Jesus, which was dead, whom Paul affirmed to be alive."  What powerful "preaching" was this.  This message, This Jesus brought Rome to her knees.  I really don't care what other historians say about decaying from within, or the rise of the Germanic barbaric hordes.  The Church of Jesus Christ won the day.  

With all this in mind, with this encouragement from the Holy Spirit Himself, I am planning, therefore, a mission to Berlin/East Europe and Jerusalem this Fall.  It is my call.  I have a missionary friend who travels about every month in the year to various places around the Globe.  I have been going on the average of twice a year.  Maybe it's finances; maybe it's age, but I refuse to surrender to either------------
and so should you.  The days are short; the task is monumental, but the destiny of millions of lives is at stake.  Be faithful where you are, as were those in Ephesus, Corinth, Thessoloniki, and other more obscure places in the Empire.  Their combined prayers, giving, going, being salt and light reach right into the "Palace" (White House?!?) of the mighty Roman Empire.  It can happen again, here in the US and every continent and Island of the sea.  Please do not succumb to those who say this is Post Milennialism.  It is not.  What it is, on the contrary, is obedience to the Great Commission/Command, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations...."---------- 
(take overO:-))   

Father, in Jesus' Name, grant grace, strength and everything I need to do everything You command.  Amen.
******************
More info on this Fall's mission coming over the weekend.
Be sure to see my "shorty" on today's theme on my Facebook Page
Also Embarrassing Article at: www.jerberwash.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive