Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"Your Statutes...My Songs"

"Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage." (Psalm 119:54)
 
The NLT says, "Your decrees have been the theme of my songs wherever I have lived."  Our text has been particularly true of me over the last almost 42 years.  The, "Words of God," indeed, "have been my songs," and, my salvation.  "Wait a minute," some might say.  "Jesus is our salvation."  Indeed, and His Words are His breath; they are, "God-Breathed."  It was, "The Word of God," Who brought the Universe into being, "And God said, 'Let there be,..and it was so.'"  Everything you and I have today we have because of, "The Word of God," everything.  My testimony is that whenever God speaks His Word, "and it was so," follows.  I say with the hymn writer, "Great Is Thy Faithfulness."

Not long after our son, Stephen, went to be with the Lord, I began composing songs from Scriptures, well, maybe not "composing," rather, they just came to me, never copywrited, just used in various meetings I led as a pastor.  At first I did not recognize what was going on.  Then I realized, "Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage."  They still are, and I commend them/Him to you.  From time to time, I still sing the Scriptures.  Jesus, "The Word of God, " and His Words, He is, "my songs in the house of my pilgrimage."  No songs can equal, "Your statutes."

Father, in Jesus' Name, again I say, "Your [Words] have been my songs wherever I have lived."  Thank you for Him.  Amen.
*******************
"Two US Congressmen Caught in Arab Rock Throwing Near Temple Mount":
Unreached People Group of the Day: www.apfunreachedpeoples.blogspot.com
Timely Prophetic Video: www.antipasprayerforce2.blogspot.com
Ministry Name Explanation: www.originofantipas.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive