Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

We, "Need Never Be Shaken"

"Therefore, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: 'Look!  I am placing a foundation stone in Jerusalem, a firm and tested stone.  It is a precious cornerstone that is safe to build on.  Whoever believes need never be shaken. (Isaiah 28:16, NLT))
 
People probably think I repeat myself a lot.  I know.  But the Blessed Trinity has been repeating Himself for over 2000 years.  That Bible you read (I hope) and carry is The Word of God repeating Himself to the human race over and over and over.  This is all you and I get.  Yes, I believe in prophetic words, impressions, "God spoke to my heart," and any other phrases which Believers use to describe God's continual communication with man.  But nothing is "new," just explanatory.  I repeat a quote of Ern Baxter:  "Nothing new has been said for 5000 years"!  The Word of God is the "Cornerstone," to all "words," impressions, "God spoke to my heart."  If, "The Word of God," is not the, "Cornerstone,"----------------- run!

Jesus Christ and His Written Words, of which you probably have several copies, is the, "foundation stone," the, "firm and tested stone."  Jesus and every word which He speaks is the, "Precious Cornerstone That is safe to build on.  Whoever believes, follows, and obeys Jesus Christ, "need never be shaken," and will, "never be shaken."  If you seem, "shaken," today, remember, you and I, "need never be...."  

Father, in Jesus' Name, I thank You for my unshakable, "Foundation Stone," my, "Precious Cornerstone," Jesus.  Amen.
****************
Read of Harvard Conference Calling for Israel's Destruction:


When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive