Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, December 30, 2011

"Your God, O Zion, For All Generation"-- The Perfect Trust

"I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I liveDo not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save....The LORD reigns forever, your God, O Zion, for all generationsPraise the LORD." (Fr. Ps 146, NIV)

Well, another year in this time/space world is coming to a close.  No better exhortation than to, "....praise the LORD all my life," because this is exactly what those, "who follow the Lamb wherever He goes," will be doing in Eternity, in time/space language, endless, continual, non stop praise, declaring as Paul said to the Roman Church, "Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of GodHow unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!"  Personally, I cannot imagine how we could ever find them out.

Resolve for 2012, "Do not put your trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save."  Obviously they have a place in our lives, but to save?  That is for Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone.  Trust, I believe, is going to be a very key word for us in the coming year; remember this and call it to mind.  Others around you and me will be trusting, "in princes, in human beings."  But while they fail to justify that trust, Jesus Christ will continue to, "save," all who put their trust in Him.  Dear friend, as this coming year unfolds, rejoice with me in, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever," Who Is, "Your God, O Zion, for all generations."

Father, in Jesus Name, Help me, I pray, to increase my trust factor for 2012.  You are so worthy of such trust.  Amen.
*********************
Unreached People Group: www.apfunreachedpeoples.blogspot.com
News, Commentary: www.apf327.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive