Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, August 22, 2011

"They...Craved Intensely....So He Gave...Their Request"

"They...craved intensely in the wilderness....So He gave them their request...." (From Psalm 106:13-15, NASB)

There seems to be a principle of life on this planet which I see in our text for today:  If I do not let Jesus Christ have His way in my life, He will let me have my way in my life.

There is an old saying, "Be careful what you wish for."  A "wish list" which does not have the will, the purposes of Jesus Christ as Lord is a dangerous list indeed.  It has gotten more people in this life in deep trouble than any other phenomenon, and it is a trouble for which we "pay" the rest of our lives. 

Now we all want happy "endings."  But I simply cannot promise any happy ending for us if we, "craved intensely in the wilderness," and reap the harvest of that craving.  The only thing I can do today for me and you is to pray what the psalmist later prayed, "Save us, O LORD our God,..to give thanks to Your holy name and glory in Your praiseBlessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting even to everlasting."  Jesus does indeed, "save us."  He keeps, delivers, preserves, etc., all the great promises of the Bible.  But the harvest of, "craved intensely," whether in our youth or yesterday, still comes upon us.  The Biblical injunction is, be very careful what we "crave[] intensely."

Father, in Jesus' Name, I take full responsibility of all that I, "craved intensely," over my life time.  I surrender all that craving to You today.  "Save us, O LORD our God." Amen.
****************
See warnings of events in Libya at:   www.apf327.blogspot.com


"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive