Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Friday, August 26, 2011

Please Excuse Me, But the News Has Fired Me Up

"Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment, of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, 'Where is the promise of His coming?'" (2 Peter 3:1-4a)

Our text is from yesterday's reading, and the very things to which I refer below were unfolding.

I have been asserting for years now that Israel's move to exit Gaza was a mistake, and the decision to surrender most of Judea and Samaria to the PA in the Clinton brokered Oslo Accords were a disaster for which Jews have paid a terrible price in many hundreds of Israeli deaths.  I have also asserted over the last 30+ years that Jimmy Carter, the worst president in attitude toward Israel in American history, strong-armed Begin to give up the Sinai------------ big mistakes which are now revealing just how big they were.  

Now Egyptian troops are reentering the Sinai at an alarming rate, Egypt is demanding that Israel give up an important port city, and Libya is descending more and more into chaos, all this while the reprobate press and Western politicians have been praising the "Arab Spring."  The world, dear friend, is heading toward Armageddon and, "the promise of His coming".  Of course, who am I?--- a relative nobody, some ranting religious fanatic who takes the Bible literally, believes that there is only one way for man to escape the fires of Hell, and (what glorious promise) can actually be, in our very beings, "partakers in the divine nature."  But, what do I know?!?

I don't have a full speaking schedule; I don't have a mega church; I am not in demand as a conference and big-rally speaker.  But, my dear friend, I can read the Bible, something which so few in Christendom seem to be doing.  Much of it has fallen under the accusation of the Holy Spirit in our text, "....scoffers will come in the last days...."  They scoff at such cataclysmic talk, and teach their adherents, "Where is the promise of His coming?  For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation."  Peter then pronounces judgment on such, "scoffers....For this they willfully forget:...the heavens and the earth...are...reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

But, no fear to those who are in Jesus Christ.  If you and I continue to live in, "the divine nature," which is none other than our King, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, we will be taken care of; how he does this or will continue to do this I cannot say.  I do not condemn or "judge" those who hoard food supplies, buy gold, etc.  Rather, I pray for you and me that we will never, ever forget that, "the Lord knows how to deliver the godly...."  Mary had a "good word" for all of us, "Whatever He says to you, do."  

Father, in Jesus' Name, I pray for Your continued guidance as to how to conduct myself in these chaotic days.  I still trust in You that, "I have been young, and now am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his descendants begging bread."  Amen.
*******************
Two Very Important Articles Related to Today's Devotional at:

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive