Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Thursday, March 3, 2011

This is No Time For Devotionettes

"And he said to me, 'Son of man, eat whatever you find here.  Eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel....Let all my words sink deep into your own heart first.  Listen to them carefully for yourself.'" (3:1, 10, ESV & NLT)

"Listen carefully and take to heart all the words I speak to you" (NIV).  And here is the key to the malady which has plagued Christendom for centuries, perhaps from the beginning.  There has always been the battle between those who say, Well, I believe the Bible contains words of God, but not all of it is the words of God.  Picking and choosing what we want to receive, obey, and, "eat," has always been the temptation, a temptation which scholars, "falsely so called," have attempted to justify through the ages.

John related something in the Revelation which is perhaps related to contemporary Biblical indigestion.  "So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll.  He said to me, 'Take it and eat it.  It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey.'"  There is a principle here which must not be ignored.  I have observed over the years that initial reaction to the things of God can indeed be, "as sweet as honey."  Later, however, when things settle down and settle in, when hype and flesh wane, we encounter in a somewhat greater way perhaps the depths and scope of what God was saying, making, "your stomach sour," maybe a little "nervous stomach?"-- certainly a God-fearer full of awe.

Current events are revealing more and more, "The end of all things is near," and, if we do not, "listen carefully and take to heart all the words [Jesus] speak[s] to you," we will miss what He is doing in these, "last days."  The prophets are prophesying, yes, and there are times when I have questioned some of the "prophecies."  When I have, people around me sometimes look at me as though, "How dare you?"  How dare I?  Well, the same way all Believers should, "How dare you?"  As Followers of Jesus Christ, full of His Words, full of the Holy Spirit, under Father's authority, we have responsibility to ourselves, the prophets, and the Church, so that, "In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established," and, "Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said."  Oh, yes, and then there is always that pesky, "test the spirits."  

Salvation for the lost in these, "last days," will not come from the US Government, CNN, MSNBC, or FOX pundits.  It will come from, "the Church of the Living God, the pillar and ground of the truth"----------------- weighing, testing; I welcome it. 

Father, in Jesus' Name, I beseech You to "keep me near the cross," keep me in Your Words, keep me in You.  Amen.
****************
Want to have greater incite to current events?  Go to:
www.antipasprayerforce2.blogspot.com
New Articles of Prophetic Significance at:  www.apf327.blogspot.com

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive