Watchman

Watchman
Sentinel

Monday, January 3, 2011

Some May Say This is a Little Strange

"The words of the LORD are pure words, like silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times." (Psalm 12:6)

There is no purity as this.  I am reading the Bible, the, "words of the LORD... pure words," out loud for this quarter.  Until 1963 in the United States of America, the Words of God were read during school hours in every school house.  Every class room was filled with the Words of God.  Every American school kid was exposed to the, "purified," the, "God- Breathed," Word, and those Words were not just confined to those classrooms.  They went out to all the earth and universe. 

God's Words, fulfilled and, "became flesh," in Jesus Christ, are the words of which Father Himself says, "So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."  Notice in this passage that hearing is not mentioned.  The theme is, "goes forth," and, "I sent it."  I am simply "participating" in this. 

During the first quarter of 2011, I am committed to literally filling the air with the "Words of God."  I have been reading them facing North, South, East, and West.  I am committed to doing this as a part of my four hour prayer time.  It is my version of "declaration!"  I know, as a Czech friend of mine says in his broken English, "This is no normal"----------------- but, hey, why start now?!? 

Father, in Jesus' Name, maybe to some it may seem strange, but not to me.  "Your Word is forever settled in Heaven," and I am only settled when I am in Your Word.  Amen.
****************************

When Peter, an 18 year old Norwegian, "heard the call to evangelize China, on that day he not only emptied his wallet into the collection plate, but included a small note with the words, 'and my life.'"

"Looking unto Jesus"
Hebrews 12:2

Blog Archive